Casting Your Cares
Embarking on the higher education journey for some individuals can be a time of excitement and uncertainty.
Many higher education students from the undergrad, graduate and professional levels I’ve had the privilege of serving have many cares and concerns that produce worry and anxiety in their lives. After conversing with higher education prospective and current students over the years I discovered that many of their concerns are described as one of the following:
* Upholding integrity in higher education
* Being a Christian in college
* Being a great Role Model or mentor for children and other family members
* Qualifying for internship opportunities
* Receiving a scholarships
* Understanding exactly how college works
* Understanding the key elements of effective study habits.
* Fear of dropping out of college / Not completing what one started
* Not measuring up to the required academic standards
* Social and peer pressures
* One's age as they pursue their higher education goals
* Fear of independence
* Fear of procrastination
* New environment
* Negative stories of professors
* The unbelievable college stories Dr. Bryant shares in the college lectures, Boot Camps, Trainings, Seminars will actually come to fruition.
* Gaining new friends
* Letting go of unfruitful friendships or relationships
* Concern of change & acclimation
* Leaving home
* Staying home
* Increased responsibility
* Time management skills
* Gaining weight
* Losing weight
* Financial concerns before, during and after higher education completion
And the list can go on and on…. But a word of encouragement for the prospective or current higher education student is that no matter what academic level you are pursuing, remember this as you address your cares and concerns “ Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. “ (1 Peter 5:7) What a relief!
I suggest you follow God’s instructions in obedience and throw your anxieties on God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit and allow him take care of everything that concerns you and trust that everything is working out for your good! (Romans 8:28) Now focus and complete your goals.
Giving you something to think about.
Dr. K. Bryant